Shown below is the latest breaking player news in the fantasy sports world. We have included the NFL, NBA, & MLB news feeds to quickly gather information as it comes in from Rotoworld.
- Appearing on NFL Network, Ian Rapoport referred to Chris Carson as the Seahawks\' "bellcow" back.
- Raiders WR Ryan Switzer has worked behind journeyman Griff Whalen at recent training camp practices.
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll expects Rashaad Penny (broken finger) to be ready for the start of the season.
- NFL suspended Broncos WR Carlos Henderson one game for violating the league\'s substance-abuse policy.
- Cameron Meredith (undisclosed) returned to practice Wednesday.
- Jeremy McNichols has been running with the 49ers\' first-team offense in the absence of injured RBs Jerick McKinnon and Matt Breida.
- Rishard Matthews (undisclosed) remains sidelined at Titans camp.
- ESPN Jaguars reporter Michael DiRocco reports second-round rookie D.J. Chark has been the "most impressive receiver" at training camp.
- The Miami Herald\'s Armando Salguero reports the Dolphins have no plans to trade WR DeVante Parker.
- NFL Network\'s Ian Rapoport reports Rashaad Penny will undergo surgery for his broken finger and will be out 3-4 weeks.
- Scottsdale police confirmed they are investigating an incident involving James Harden at an Arizona nightclub.
- According to ESPN\'s Adrian Wojnarowski, the Rockets are expected to bring Carmelo Anthony off the bench this season.
- Michael Porter Jr. (back surgery) said he\'s pain-free and "hoping to be back for the beginning of the year."
- The Cavaliers and Isaiah Taylor have agreed to a one-year deal, according to Shams Charania of Yahoo! Sports.
- Jon Leuer underwent right knee surgery on Thursday due to an injury that occurred during an offseason workout earlier in the week.
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson has been diagnosed with a left adductor strain.
- The Knicks remain "unlikely to reincorporate" Joakim Noah into the team, according to ESPN.com\'s Ian Begley and Adrian Wojnarowski.
- Rajon Rondo said he would accept a reserve role with the Lakers this upcoming season.
- Jahlil Okafor has reportedly agreed to a deal with the Pelicans.
- Christmas Day NBA games will feature the Celtics vs. the Sixers, the Bucks vs. the Knicks at the Garden, and, of course, LeBron James\' Lakers at Oakland to face the Warriors. The Blazers will also visit the Jazz on Dec. 25.
- Brandon Nimmo went 5-for-5 with three RBI and three runs scored as the Mets crushed the Orioles 16-5 on Wednesday.
- Dylan Bundy got taken out behind the woodshed for a seven-run beatdown at the hands of the Mets on Wednesday.
- Eugenio Suarez struck out in all five of his at-bats in a loss to the Indians on Saturday.
- X-rays on Ronald Acuña\'s left elbow came back negative.
- Tommy Pham will be activated off the 10-day disabled list on Thursday.
- X-rays on Matt Carpenter\'s right hand came back negative.
- Jose Urena was ejected from Wednesday\'s game against the Braves after hitting Ronald Acuna with a pitch.
- Dodgers placed RHP Ross Stripling on the 10-day disabled list retroactive to August 12 with lower back inflammation.
- Edwin Diaz struck out three hitters and pitched a scoreless ninth against Oakland to pick up a save.
- Dee Gordon hit a two-run homer in the top of the 12th inning to help the Mariners to a 2-0 win on Wednesday.